IS BLACK MOLD DANGEROUS?
Many people wonder if black mold in Canyon Country is dangerous. While there are many different types of mold, black mold is often considered to be one of the most dangerous. This is because black mold can release toxins into the air that can be harmful to humans and animals. In some cases, black mold exposure can even lead to death. If you suspect that you have black mold in your home, it is important to contact a professional mold removal company immediately.
SYMPTOMS OF MOLD EXPOSURE
Everyone experiences exposure to mold symptoms. The only difference might be that yours could be more or less severe than others. But, it’s not about the severity but knowing the signs of mold exposure to watch out for.
If you have these symptoms, you may be suffering from mold exposure in Canyon Country.
- Stuffy Nose
- Itchy Eyes
- Skin rashes
- Aches and Pains
These mold exposure symptoms might seem familiar enough that you can’t be sure if these signs are caused by mold or something else.
However, in the long term, the symptoms of black mold exposure get worse. For example, you could experience memory loss, anxiety, stomach pain, pulmonary infections, and hair loss. But, even the presence of all these signs is not enough to determine if you’re suffering from mold exposure or not.
You’ll need a diagnosis. How do you test for mold exposure in Canyon Country? Can a doctor test for mold exposure?
Don’t worry! We have the answers you seek.
TESTING FOR MOLD EXPOSURE
You think you have all these black mold exposure symptoms, but the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor. Yes, a doctor can carry out a blood test for mold exposure, as long as it is done at a time when you are symptomatic. We have explained both the blood test and common allergy testing below.
- Skin Prick Test: The doctor injects super small diluted amounts of mold allergens into your arm or the back for this test. If your skin reacts, you’re allergic to that mold. A reaction would be redder skin and a slight bump called a hive.
- Blood Test: This radioallergosorbent test checks the antibodies (immunoglobin E) in your system. These antibodies will be elevated if you are allergic and have been exposed to mold. In order to be effective, the test must be done while you are experiencing symptoms. The laboratory will be able to determine if you are sensitive to specific types of mold.
It would be best to keep in mind that you cannot carry out these tests by yourself. So, see a doctor once you think you’ve been exposed to mold.
A blood test for black mold exposure will help you identify what’s wrong. Once you’ve confirmed that it’s mold, you want to start working on it immediately. How do you treat mold?
TREATMENT FOR MOLD EXPOSURE
The first step to treating mold exposure in Canyon Country is to remove the mold from the place where you have been exposed to it. If you were exposed at home or in the office, get professionals for mold remediation to restore the building to safer conditions.
Time is, however, of the essence. That’s why you should use the service of professionals like us at FDP Mold Remediation, who will treat your mold problem as the emergency that it is.
You should also ensure you see your doctor for further treatment, though. A doctor can prescribe any medications you need for the symptoms. Use your medications properly, and you can bounce back to normal in no time.
Ensure you maintain a healthy lifestyle of eating right and exercising often. A healthy lifestyle will help build your immune system so you won’t break down from every slight exposure to mold.
However, the fact remains that treating toxic mold exposure is more expensive than avoiding being affected by mold. Like the famous saying, prevention is better than cure.
So, how do you prevent mold exposure? We have given you some pointers.
HOW TO GET RID OF BLACK MOLD
Professional mold remediation is the key to getting rid of black mold. There are many products on the market that claim to kill black mold, but the truth is that most of them only work temporarily. The only way to truly get rid of it is to hire a professional mold remediation company. Professionals use special chemicals and techniques to remove all traces of black mold from your home or office. If you have black mold in your home, it is important to call a professional mold remediation in Canyon Countrycompany as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more damage black mold can do to your property.
HOW TO PREVENT MOLD EXPOSURE?
https://vipassistancewaterdamagerestoration.com/flood-restoration/mold-removal/Mold Prevention is not as hard as some people make it out to be. Yes, there are mold spores everywhere outside. But, you can prevent it from making an abode in your building by doing these things.
- Fix leakages immediately. Ensure that you dry up the areas where the water has gotten too thoroughly. You can hire professionals to do it for you if the leakage is heavy.
- Repair and maintain windows and cooling units. This maintenance will ensure that your building is never too warm.
- Keep the humidity low with dehumidifiers and air-conditioning. You should also carry out necessary repairs and maintenance as recommended by the manufacturers.
- Don’t leave wet clothes around. It is an invitation to mold growth.
- Ensure you have a sound drainage system. Waterlogged environments are more likely to experience mold growth.
- Do a mold inspection immediately if you suspect mold. Don’t delay it. It’s better to find no mold than to allow the mold to fester for long.
- If any mold is found, do mold removal or remediation immediately. Don’t waste any time as delay is dangerous.
Mold exposure is not something to play with, and it’s essential to prevent and eradicate any mold problem at the fastest possible time in the best way. That’s why you need professionals who know what they’re doing to help you handle all mold issues.
We are the answer you seek!