Mold growth is a common problem in many homes and buildings. While most mold is not harmful, some types of mold can produce toxins that can cause health problems. The most common indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, and Aspergillus. These molds are often found on wet surfaces, such as bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and laundry rooms. Research by the National Library of Medicine states that around 50 percent of US homes have water damage which leads to mold infestation in Valencia.
Mold exposure can cause various health problems, including respiratory problems, headaches, skin rash, and fatigue. Some people are also sensitive to mold and may experience more severe reactions, such as fever, shortness of breath, and digestive problems.
Mold can be ingested, inhaled, or come into contact with your skin. Once mold spores enter your body, they can travel to any organ and begin to grow. However, most mold exposure in Valencia occurs through inhalation.
Mold contains mycotoxins, poisonous substances that can damage your gut health.
Mycotoxins contain harmful toxins like aflatoxin, ochratoxin, and trichothecenes. These toxins can cause inflammation in your gut.
You may experience symptoms like:
Mold infection in the digestive system is often difficult to detect. The first step in diagnosis is usually a physical examination and medical history. Your doctor will ask about your symptoms and any possible mold exposure. They may also order blood tests or other laboratory tests to look for evidence of mold infection. A stool sample may also be taken to look for mold spores or other evidence of infection.
In some cases, an endoscopy or colonoscopy may be necessary to visualize the digestive system directly for evidence of mold infection. If you have been exposed to mold and have symptoms of a digestive system infection, you must see your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
MOLD TRUTH: DOES MOLD DIE WHEN IT’S DRY? IN VALENCIA