When it comes to water damage restoration at your business, property, or home – the quicker you act the less money you’ll spend on damages. If you encounter a water-related emergency, you are in a race against mold and bacteria. According to the , you typically have between 24-48 hours after a flood in Saugus or water exposure before mold or mildew begins to form. Having a flood restoration company on call for any type of water-related or flooding emergency is important for mitigating this risk.
Mold spores are microscopic – and they exist in almost all places! That includes indoors and outdoors – and makes it very difficult to remove completely. If you think you have a mold problem, understanding the facts about mold will make the process of removal easier.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Clients, residents, and family members with asthma can experience fever or shortness of breath when in the presence of mold. Those that have mold allergies may experience itchiness, rashes, chest tightness, or other allergic reaction symptoms.
The most common indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, and Aspergillus. These molds can grow in places with a lot of moisture. This includes any leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding in Saugus. The easiest growth sights are on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. To keep mold from spreading, it must be cleaned and the source of moisture must be eliminated. If the moisture is not eliminated, the mold may return.