Flood damage in Granada Hills to your home may stem from groundwater, leaking appliances or rainwater. Whatever the cause, dealing with flood damage cleanup is not a solo job. You want to bring in certified technicians to handle the matter. For that, your local Restoration 1 is the top choice. It takes advanced restoration equipment to remove flood waters and end contamination.
When it comes to significant water damage — like flooding — you’re on the clock. You have less than 48 hours to clean the mess. After that, black mold is prevalent.
Best Practices During the First 24 Hours Following the Flood
For the best results, aim to reverse flood damage within the first 24 hours. By this time, you’ll have eliminated any chance of mold growth and put a stop to contamination.
- Safety First — If the flooding in or around your home is severe, shut off the breaker and call your utility companies. Alert them to the situation and have them shut off utilities to the entire house. Electricity and water do not mix.
- Photo Evidence — You’ll want to file an insurance claim for the flood damage in Granada Hills fast. For that, you need proof in the form of photographs or videos of the damages. Take pictures of any property damage, water-damaged possessions and contamination.
- Mitigate Mold — Mold will grow within 24 to 48 hours after water damage. To mitigate mold, you need to bring in restoration experts who can remove standing water and start drying the property. Restoration 1 uses advanced air movers, dehumidifiers and wet vacuums for this task.
Plumbing, Flash Flood or Natural Disaster — Invading Waters Should Receive Similar Treatment
Plumbing leaks, flash floods and natural disasters can be more similar than most people think. They all can result in significant water damage and contamination. It’s the contamination that poses a problem to your home and health.
- Contaminants — When you’re dealing with gray or black water damage, take proper precautions. For example, wear personal protective equipment, including gloves, boots and respirators, when entering the affected room.
- Secure the Property — To prevent further damage, it’s often best to seal off the affected room or property. For this, sealing up broken windows or doors is an excellent first step.
- Certified Restoration Services — You cannot handle flood damage in Granada Hills alone. Hire a certified restoration team to come in, reverse the water damage, clean up contamination and dry the area. Their multi-step water damage restoration process will see your home back together again soon enough.